Quality Mechanical Inspector
Website Hudson Shribman
Hudson Shribman are looking for a Quality Mechanical Inspector
• Carrying out first off and final Inspection on high quality parts produced on CNC machines using Aberlink Axiom to CMM with 3D Cad verification software and various other inspection tools. (Training can be provided for the CMM if a different system has been used in the past)
• Carrying out inspection of incoming product from the various suppliers and sub-contractors.
• Should be able to interpret drawings and have a good understanding of geometric tolerances and drawing symbols.
• Must be able to problem solve/advise of manufacturing issues identified during the inspection process.
• Must be familiar with the latest ISO 9001:2015 standard.
• Ensure all production documentation is correctly annotated and filled in.
• Creating and recording Non Conformity and Corrective Action reports for any defect products.
• Creation of First Article Inspection Reports to the AS9102 standard. Training can be given for this function.
• Manage and control all inspection equipment for its calibration status including shop floor equipment.
• Pack goods ready for despatch either by our own transport or via carrier.
• Maintain Internal Audit reports and schedule.
• The role may also include a small amount of driving using the company vehicle to collect from sub-contractors and deliver to customers.
Qualification and Skills:
• The ideal candidate will have previous inspection experience or have come from a good engineering background.
• Have a good eye for detail and be able to have a good knowledge of engineering drawings and there symbols.
• To be proactive, have good communication skills and being able to work as part of a team by being approachable.
• To be meticulous with a very good work ethic and good organisational skills.
• To have had a good education with particular attention to Maths, English and computer literacy.
• Have a good understanding of Health and Safety in an engineering environment.