Senior Design Engineer
Website Hudson Shribman
Senior Design Engineer
Would you like to join our Platform Systems team and support the successful delivery of an international programme? We currently have a vacancy for Senior Design Engineer based at our site in Scotstoun, Glasgow.
As Senior Design Engineer you will be undertaking a defined range of engineering activities, such as delivering all aspects of engineering deliverables including Stage 1 & Stage 2/3 Design and acting as main point of contact for allocated systems & subsystems to other disciplines / areas of the business.
You will be working with industry leading cutting-edge technology.
This role will provide you with the opportunity to join our Naval Ships Business who are part of a team delivering 15 ships for the Royal Canadian Navy using our Global Combat Ship design for the Canadian Surface Combatant (CSC) ships. With the ships being built by Irving Shipbuilders in Canada, this role will support design changes and requirements to the programme.
Your main responsibilities as a Senior Design Engineer will involve:
• Delivering all aspects of engineering deliverables including Stage 1 & Stage 2/3 Design, and Change, production query closure, non-conformance closure, etc.
• Highlighting issues impacting the CSC IPMS team
• Supporting of the development new engineers
• Providing engineering support to the delivery of projects/programs
• Acting as delegate for principal engineer as required
• Supporting UK and international travel as required
Your skills and qualifications:
• Experience in Engineering discipline (Functional Design, Detail Design or Test & Commissioning)
• Working knowledge of Project Management reporting
• A Knowledge of the engineering life cycle especially with regard to the achievement of project phase milestones
• Control System experience
• Degree qualified in an Engineering/Computing discipline or relevant experience
• Experience of working on large, complex projects in a multi-disciplinary
• Experience of working on Naval projects
• Working towards IEng of a recognised institute
• Understands the relationship between activities in different phases of the engineering lifecycle
What we’re looking for in you:
You will have excellent communication skills allowing you engage with all levels of stakeholders. Problem solving is key for this role, so you have and the ability to compartmentalise the problem / issues and delegate to appropriate areas or engineers, meaning you have great leadership and mentoring skills.
Engineers at all levels should possess an academic qualification in Engineering or other related STEM subjects as well as specific (either academic or professional) qualifications and become recognised as Incorporated or Chartered Engineers through an appropriate recognised professional institution. Engineers are encouraged, and will be supported, to achieve the relevant accreditation. Preference will be given to candidates who are already professionally registered.
Benefits: Our employees receive an excellent benefits package which includes a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. We also offer a range of additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and many local and national employee discounts. Some employees may also be eligible for an annual incentive.