Senior Dimensional Control Inspector
Website Hudson Shribman
What you’ll be doing:
- As a Senior Dimensional Control Inspector, you will be leading on survey inspections at build stages of a complex ship utilising coordinate measuring machines and software
- Reporting on results, recording non-conformances, engineering concerns and communicating good quality to the shop floor
- Providing support and guidance on inspections, build and alignment challenges at stakeholder meetings
- Support the training of the team by identifying continuous improvement opportunities and sharing best practices
- Create/Update method statements, risk assessments and executive plans
- Managing the Survey Request and reporting repositories to enable accurate capture of KPI’s
Your skills and experiences:
- Fully conversant in the use of CMM’s for construction such as Total stations and Laser Trackers
- Proficient in the use of alignment techniques and Inspection Software Spatial Analyzer
- Excellent understanding and interpretation of construction drawings and Isometrics
- Educated to HND level in STEM subjects or demonstrates experience in Land and Steel Work surveying
- Computer literate and familiar with Microsoft office suite
- Familiar with Inspection and Cad software, Rhino Cad or Autodesk cad
This role offers career progression opportunities that would encompass Technical lead and leadership roles:
Technical lead leads on Larger scale critical activities requiring specialist measuring skills i.e. combat systems, shaft alignment, gearbox install, laser tracking, scanning, Photogrammetry
Lead inspector Leads a team of inspectors in and area or activity, manages workload, Myo, Absence
There is also scope for succession planning into the management of the department.
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts you may also be eligible for an annual incentive.
Our Dimensional Control Team:
As a key member of the dimensional control team, you will expected to draw on past knowledge to support the development of the department in modern survey equipment and techniques. Working collaboratively with all stakeholders associated in the manufacture and commissioning of a complex warship representing the quality function by undertaking the inspection of products in accordance with the relevant test plans, processes and procedures within Naval Ships.
If Interested in the role for Senior Dimensional Control Inspector please contact Kenzie Choyce at Hudson Shribman to discuss further as well as sending an up to date CV to Kenzie.email@example.com