Senior Electrical Commissioning Engineer
Website Resourcing Global Solutions Limited
What you’ll be doing:
Setting to work of systems and equipment on Naval Ships, including gas turbines, diesel generators, switchboards, propulsion, compressors, pumps, valves, control/instrumentation and platform management systems
• Utilise a variety of common and specialist test equipment to test and record equipment performance levels
• Carry out fault diagnosis and develop defect rectification solutions
• Represent Commissioning on technical matters liaising with customers/suppliers
• Evaluate technical issues in order to propose change to design, process or procedures
• Prepare Test Documentation and Risk Assessments
• Understand and comply with safe systems of work
Your skills and experiences
• Experience in engineering, defence related industry or shipbuilding.
• Understanding of Life Cycle Management
• Possesses good knowledge of most aspects within current discipline
• Able to perform analysis using recognised analytical tools and to make sound judgements
• Has sufficient capability to be able to make correct trade off decisions
Engineers at all levels should possess an academic qualification in Engineering or other related STEM subjects as well as specific (either academic or professional) qualifications and become recognised as Incorporated or Chartered Engineers through an appropriate recognised professional institution. Engineers are encouraged, and will be supported, to achieve the relevant accreditation. Preference will be given to candidates who are already professionally registered
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual leave incentive.
The Commissioning Engineer team:
The role is critical to achieving setting to work, trials and delivering acceptance evidence for nominated systems. May require indirect leadership of small groups of production personnel to support the delivery their commissioning scope.
If Interested in the role for Senior Electrical Commissioning Engineer please contact Kenzie Choyce at Hudson Shribman to discuss further as well as sending an up to date CV to Kenzie.firstname.lastname@example.org