Senior Electrical/Systems Engineer
Website Hudson Shribman
Hudson Shribman are after a Senior Electrical/Systems Engineer to lead the design and development of electrical and electronic systems, hardware and embedded software.
- Taking technical leadership of multi-discipline engineering design projects and provide guidance to other engineers during development project phases.
- Taking the lead in defining the overall electronics architecture of the system identifying key sub assembly development and technical challenges, maximising the re-use of existing equipment/capabilities.
- Maintaining oversight of all technical deliverables, requirements and issues for the project.
- Design and develop electrical and electronic systems for compliance with customer specifications.
- Produce, maintain and critique block diagrams, technical reports, wiring, cabling and PCB schematics.
- Work with customers to assist integration, commissioning and problem resolution activities.
- Understand the Customer’s technical needs and represent them to the Company. Communicate effectively with the customers in all technical issues.
- Reviewing designs at a high level to ensure they meet the expectations and requirements of the project, including costs and timescales.
- Co-ordinating technical review meetings and reporting status, including project reporting/project health checks/high level checklists and meetings in line with the QMS/tailored QMP/PMP/EMP as appropriate and required by the agreed project management strategy.
- Reviewing and maintaining actions and tasks. Particularly ensure the Prototype design status is effectively communicated to production/production control function.
- Updating published project summary data to ensure a credible source of data and links to aid project navigation.
- Working closely with the Project Management, Technical Authority and Quality function to identify risks, issues, solutions and opportunities.
- Ensure significant developments and actions are communicated to relevant personnel in the Engineering team and providing technical input to the Project Management function to allow them to generate and maintain the project plans and monthly project review packs
- Provide regular updates and project health reports for the engineering activities to their line manager
- 37.5 hours per week and early finish on Fridays
- We operate a flexible approach for employees with the opportunity for partial remote/hybrid working where business needs allow
- 26 days Annual holiday (plus Bank Holidays)
- Group Personal Pension Salary Sacrifice scheme
- Income Protection Scheme
- Life Cover
- Company Share Incentive Plan and Save as you Earn Scheme
- Group Electric Vehicle Salary Sacrifice Scheme
- Recruitment Referral bonus
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- Wellbeing initiatives
- On-site parking
- High-Street Discounts Scheme