Senior Engineer-Underwater Radiated Noise
Website Resourcing Global Solutions Limited
What you’ll be doing:
• Measuring and assessing the Type 26 ship’s system from an N&V (noise and vibration) perspective including the development of engineering solutions/mitigations in the ship build environment
• Working with the operations team to support the transfer and embodiment of good acoustic design in the manufactured ship
• Supporting the implementation of the N&V measurement programme to the build, integration, setting to work, harbour trial, and sea trials programme
• Assisting and attending the N&V Factory Acceptance Test measurements being undertaken at suppliers facilities
• Reviewing supplier evidence and declared compliance from the perspective of requirement compliance
• Liaising with the Requirements and Acceptance team in the formal process requirement reconciliation
• Interfacing with stakeholders across three GCS programmes
Your skills and experiences:
• Experience testing and measuring noise and vibration
• Technical knowledge of ship system design, integration, and testing
• Knowledge of requirements and acceptance reconciliation
• Awareness of ship signatures and their applicability to ship design
Engineers at all levels should possess an academic qualification in Engineering or other related STEM subjects as well as specific (either academic or professional) qualifications and become recognised as Incorporated or Chartered Engineers through an appropriate recognised professional institution. Engineers are encouraged, and will be supported, to achieve the relevant accreditation. Preference will be given to candidates who are already professionally registered.
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts you may also be eligible for an annual incentive.
The Senior Engineering team:
Joining this team as a Senior Engineer you will be involved in 3 programmes, Type 26, Canadian Surface Combatant and Hunter Class. In this role you will play a big part in the delivery of the Global Combat Ship, which is a multi-mission warship, your focus being on the anti-submarine warship aspect of the GCS. This is an exciting opportunity for you to get involved in a role that will give you a high level of exposure and could lead to some excellent future career progression.
If Interested in the role for Senior Engineer, please contact Joe Luckett at Hudson Shribman to discuss further as well as sending an up to date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org