Senior Hardware Product Support Engineer
Website Hudson Shribman
Job title: Senior Engineer Hardware Product Support
Location: Dorchester. We offer a range of hybrid and flexible working arrangements – please speak to your recruiter about the options for this particular role.
What you’ll be doing:
- Develop skills and capabilities to be able to provide more effective services (seeking and sharing good practice and knowledge to continuously improve practices), and supply support and expertise to others as required.
- Provide help and direction to less experienced team members to support both their effective working and their development.
- Make engineering decisions within own sphere of responsibility and delegated authority.
- Contribution to engineering team decisions to support the effective performance of the team.
- Triage (where required) and rectification of problems in a timely manner through ship visit or technical support to Royal Navy maintainers
- Responding to technical queries, with support from colleagues or subcontractors as required
- Carry out surveys, manage surveys, repairs and spares.
- Creating Procurement specifications, including carrying out obsolescence investigations and reports.
- Technical support to bid work including estimates for additional tasks outside the core contract
Your skills and experiences:
Engineers at all levels should possess an academic qualification in Engineering or other related STEM subjects as well as specific (either academic or professional) qualifications and become recognised as Incorporated or Chartered Engineers through an appropriate recognised professional institution. Engineers are encouraged, and will be supported, to achieve the relevant accreditation. Preference will be given to candidates who are already professionally registered.
Experience in a hardware and System domain and understanding technical documentation
Proven track record of Knowledge and experience in COTS hardware, diagnostic and problem solving
Willingness to travel both UK and Abroad
- Software knowledge
- Experience of working in a ship environment
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts you may also be eligible for an annual incentive.
The team performs a hardware product support role within the ship sensors and monitoring systems, covering a number of facets including, rectification of operation defects, carrying out surveys, managing spares repair requests and leading ship visits to enable issue resolution.