Senior Integration Trials Engineer
Website Hudson Shribman
Job title: Senior Integration Trials Engineer
Location: Scotstoun, we offer a range of hybrid and flexible working arrangements – please speak to your recruiter about the options for this particular role.
What you’ll be doing:
- Generating, delivering, and reviewing Acceptance, Assurance, and Integration Trials (PINTS, SINTS & GINTS) documentation as directed by the T26 CS Trials Delivery Manager. This will include the research and inclusion of other platform (e.g., T45, T23, QEC) integration packages and the pull through’ of information as necessary
- Undertaking the preparations for, conduct, analysis and formal reporting of acceptance, assurance, and integration trials to demonstrate Whole Ship and Integration Requirements (WSR & ITR) associated with individual CS Equipment and ensuring their operation within the context of the wider Combat System.
- Conducting CS interface fault finding, diagnostics and testing to ensure continuity of signal path on system interface cables
- Conducting Data Recordings and Analysis to support integration evidence capture
- Generating Trials Reports, then compiling and presenting Acceptance and Assurance evidence
- Supporting the T26 CSE Delivery Managers and wider T26 CS Trials team through the provision of specialist engineering expertise as required
- Using and assisting the development of the T26 CS Trials Management, Observation Reporting and other database toolsets.
Your skills and experiences:
- HND/HNC or degree level and or equivalent experience
- In depth knowledge of Combat System Equipment used in the Maritime Environment and experience of system integration and trials is essential.
- Proven experience of one of the following: Radar, Sonar, Electronic Warfare, Gunnery, Mission Systems or Communication systems in a trial and/or operational environment
- Ability to generate Integration Trials documentation from Requirements, Interface Specifications, and other Supplier documentation
- Ability to conduct CS Trials Schedules, then analyse and report results
- Knowledge and experience using CS Integration tools (e.g., SAINTT, TRACIT, TACS) and other Test Equipment’s
- Understanding and ability to manipulate CS Design and Trials information stored within database toolsets. (System Architect, DOORS, RQM, JIRA)
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts you may also be eligible for an annual incentive.
The Integration Trials Team:
You will be responsible for the development of, conduct, analysis of and support to Combat System Equipment integration, acceptance, assurance, and de-risking activities to be conducted at the Land Based Integration Facility, Supplier’s sites, and on-board ships. This role will provide you with the opportunity of working at the front edge of the combat system giving you a wider input into the Type 26 programme where you will get great exposure from the wider BAE organisation which can lead to career development.
This post can be based either at Portsdown Technology Park with transfer to Scotstoun in 2023 or Scotstoun with secondment to Portsdown until 2023; thereafter it will be Scotstoun based for integration activities in the First of Class build programme.
If Interested in the role of Senior Integration Trials Engineer, please contact Kenzie Choyce at Hudson Shribman to discuss further as well as sending an up to date CV to Kenzie.firstname.lastname@example.org