Senior Marine Systems Engineer
Website Hudson Shribman
Job Title: Senior Engineer Marine Systems-Auxiliaries
Location: Scotstoun – We offer a range of hybrid and flexible working arrangements
What you’ll be doing:
- Team liaison for design change tasks. This includes the technical impact assessment of new changes and project management of change embodiment.
- Developing, maintaining and modifying engineering processes and procedures in assigned areas in response to technical developments and operational need.
- System level design tasks for owned Auxiliary systems, including the production of design artefacts (schematics, FluidFlow models & documentation)
- Work with internal stakeholders to ensure the availability of key deliverables, in support of the Auxiliary systems’ team objectives.
- Coordinate and oversee of the export of design data to Australia on behalf of the Auxiliary systems team
Your skills and experiences:
• Degree qualified in Mechanical Engineering or other related discipline
• Defence maritime engineering background particularly with a knowledge of export control regulations
• Systems engineering experience, specifically configuration management
• Experience with Auxiliary systems or related equipment on a large complex design project
• Experience working with a large stakeholder network including customers, suppliers and other internal stakeholders
Engineers at all levels should possess an academic qualification in Engineering or other related STEM subjects as well as specific (either academic or professional) qualifications and become recognised as Incorporated or Chartered Engineers through an appropriate recognised professional institution. Engineers are encouraged, and will be supported, to achieve the relevant accreditation. Preference will be given to candidates who are already professionally registered.
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts you may also be eligible for an annual incentive
The Senior Engineer Marine Systems Team
As a Senior Engineer within the Hunter Class Frigate Auxiliary Systems team, you will be involved in a breath of engineering tasks supporting the maturation of system level design, and export of that design to Australia. This role offers the opportunity to work on a complex & cutting edge engineering design project, interfacing with an array of stakeholders offering exposure to niche areas of engineering. There is also potential to undertake local and international travel.