Senior Quality Lead
Website Hudson Shribman
The role represents an excellent opportunity to join a global organisation with a passion for innovation and customer care at the heart of all activities to deliver on its UV Care mission.
Reporting to the Business Improvement Manager. As Senior Quality Lead, you will be responsible for all aspects of Quality, Procedures, and Business operating systems and play a key role in the day-to-day quality operations at our UK factory in Slough.
You will need to identify and deliver improvement initiatives ensuring all products are designed, manufactured, and commissioned in accordance with customer specifications and correct quality standards.
The position of Senior Quality Lead will involve working closely with all departments and providing valuable technical support between suppliers and customers enhancing customer experience by developing a ‘right first time / no-fault forwards, prevention-focused culture.
You will be responsible for:
• Maintain the Quality Management System to meet all relevant standards including BS EN ISO9001 and other certificates (WQA/ NSF), and ensure the complete and timely introduction of appropriate measures
• Identify root causes and instigate permanent corrective and preventive actions as quickly and efficiently as possible to prevent compromising product quality and safety standards
• Lead internal audits to identify & implement improvement projects through robust PDCA
• Drive the SQA program through on-site supplier audits & product inspections
• Manage customer complaints, warranty returns, and non-conformances along with the development of new inspection standards and risk analysis process
• Develop and lead quality awareness training across all sites
• Deploy Quality strategy, KPI, and policies in line with Business improvement plans
• Support continuous improvement through the optimization of processes & organization
We are looking for an experienced Senior Quality Lead with a Data-driven mindset capable of identifying trends and deploying robust solutions to develop world-class quality function.
You will have the ability to negotiate and work collaboratively with the teams at all levels demonstrating and challenging convention and lateral thinking in the pursuit of continuous improvement. Strong background working with international quality standards and compliances. You will need to have:
• Engineering or an equivalent level of qualification in a technical discipline, to level 5 or above
• Working knowledge of ISO9001. CE and UL compliances would be beneficial
• Strong quality assurance experience in the manufacturing industry
• Experience in Problem-solving tools such as 5Y, VSM, Kaizen, and 8D
• Excellent understanding of development techniques for parts and processes such as Part Production Approval Process (PPAP), and Process Failure Mode Effect Analysis (PFMEA).
• Ability to interpret Eng. drawings, Bill of material, and Routings
• Good level of Project management experience
• Understanding of MRP / Manufacturing Systems and QM Modules
• Comprehensive IT skills
• Good communication and interpersonal skills
• Ability to interpret and present data effectively
• Decision-making based on overall business requirements and best practices
• Self-motivated and task orientated
• Able and willing to travel and work flexible hours
• Willing to continue self-developing / training in their portfolio
• Able to work to tight timescales and under pressure, whilst maintaining a calm, prioritized, and structured approach to all tasks/issues
What’s on Offer:
• Competitive Salary
• 25 Days Holiday
• Halma Pension Plan – up to 10.5% company contribution
• SIP share scheme
• Life assurance
• Opportunity to join a leading, trusted organisation
• Training in Lean systems
• Excellent working environment
• Career development opportunities
If Interested in the role for Senior Quality Lead, please contact Kenzie Choyce at Hudson Shribman to discuss further as well as sending an up to date CV to Kenzie.firstname.lastname@example.org