Senior Software Engineer
Website Hudson Shribman
Hudson Shribman – Senior Software Engineer Required
Our client is an agile global aerospace and defence technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defence and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains, who are currently seeking to recruit a Snr Software Engineer.
The role: Senior Specialist, Software Engineering
Job Location: Farnborough, UK
The Engineering Team based in Farnborough, UK is responsible for the through-life support of in-service tactical radio products and the research and development of technologies for future generation products and systems. The Engineering Team comprises system, software, hardware and mechanical engineering disciplines.
This is an opportunity for an embedded software engineer who can contribute to the full life-cycle of tactical radio products and systems from research and development through to the sustainment and enhancement of existing in-service products.
The successful candidate will be a professional with strong knowledge of embedded software development (preferably within a radio communications or networking context) and broad knowledge of software engineering practices and methods.
They will work within a small engineering team alongside software engineers and other engineering disciplines. Once familiar with the tools and processes, they will be able to perform the role with general oversight from Engineering Management.
The successful individual will have good written and verbal communication skills and be able to discuss complex technical matters with other engineers and non-technical staff to develop appropriate solutions.
Main Roles & Responsibilities:
• Maintenance of the software for existing tactical radio products (including the development of new features and enhancements)
• Design and implementation of new real-time embedded software for communications systems (e.g. waveforms)
• Design and implementation of application software for tasks such as modelling and test tools (desirable)
• Developing software requirements and architectures from higher level system requirements
• Producing software documentation
• Maintaining software development environments
Qualifications and Experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree and minimum 6 years of prior relevant experience or Graduate Degree and a minimum of 4 years of prior related experience.
• Bachelor’s degree in software engineering or related discipline.
• At least five years relevant engineering experience.
• Ability to work in a multi-disciplinary engineering team (especially with systems, software and electronics engineers).
• Knowledge and experience of object-oriented design and implementation.
• Knowledge and experience of C/C++ programming languages.
• Understanding of the design lifecycle including requirements, design methodologies and configuration management.
• The position requires the candidate to currently hold or be able to obtain a UK security clearance.
• Knowledge and experience of working with real-time embedded systems, Digital Signal Processing (DSP) and related technologies.
• Knowledge and experience of working with radio communications, Software Defined Radio (SDR) and data networking is highly desirable.
• Knowledge and experience of UML and creating designs with UML tools.
• Other programming languages (e.g. C#) and scripting languages (e.g. Python).
• Knowledge and experience of tools such as MATLAB, IBM Rhapsody, DOORS.
• Proficient with computers (with good knowledge of Microsoft Office and other desktop applications)
Please be aware many for this position you will be required to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to UK citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to UK Government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
If interested in the Senior Software Engineer position please contact Andrew Wilson at Hudson Shribman.