Senior Structural Engineer
Website Hudson Shribman
What you’ll be doing:
- Producing structural design solutions, supported by calculations, for global and local ship structures as well as equipment foundations
- Liaise with the Detail Design community and equipment owners to unblock issues preventing the conclusion of structural design activities
- Documenting calculations/analysis in accordance with BAE standards with the minimum of intervention
- Preparing Design Sketches of structural solutions as required
Your skills and experiences:
- Experience of marine structural design and the sound judgement needed to be able make correct trade-off decisions
- Ability to perform analysis using recognised analytical tools and to make sound judgements based on experience
- Degree qualified in Naval Architecture or similar engineering related discipline
- Proven experience in an engineering or defence or related industry
- Knowledge of Classification Society (e.g Lloyd’s Register) requirements with respect to the design of ship structures
- Able to perform analysis using recognised FEA tools, preferably Hypermesh and Abaqus
Engineers at all levels should possess an academic qualification in Engineering or other related STEM subjects as well as specific (either academic or professional) qualifications and become recognised as Incorporated or Chartered Engineers through an appropriate recognised professional institution. Engineers are encouraged, and will be supported, to achieve the relevant accreditation. Preference will be given to candidates who are already professionally registered.
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts you may also be eligible for an annual incentive.
The Structural Design team:
The team is delivering 32 ships for the Royal Navy, Royal Australian Navy and Royal Canadian Navy using the BAE Systems Global Combat Ship design. With the ships being built in the UK, Australia and Canada, this role will support design changes and requirements to all three programmes.
If Interested in the role for Senior Structural Engineer, please contact Kenzie Choyce at Hudson Shribman to discuss further as well as sending an up to date CV to Kenzie.email@example.com