Senior Systems Engineer
Website Hudson Shribman
Senior Systems Engineer – Internal Network Electronics, Test & Acceptance
Your main responsibilities as a Senior Systems Engineer – Internal Network Electronics, Test & Acceptance will involve:
• Leading the Test and Acceptance phase, encompassing task planning, delegation, tracking and progress reporting
• Conducting Test Readiness Reviews, Test Events, Wash Up Events, Requirement Acceptance Reviews
• Developing and maintaining the maturity of functional performance, security and safety testing to release deployable products to 3rd party suppliers
• Developing, using and maintaining the Acceptance Management Plan
• Leading the development of requirement driven test solutions
• Dynamically seeking out opportunities to develop test automation solutions to drive up test phase coverage and efficiency
Your skills and qualifications:
• Extensive background in engineering
• An understanding of engineering lifecycle principles and product delivery
• Python scripting or equivalent experience
• CCNA qualified
• IXIA equipment experience
Engineers at all levels should possess an academic qualification in Engineering or other related STEM subjects as well as specific (either academic or professional) qualifications and become recognised as Incorporated or Chartered Engineers through an appropriate recognised professional institution. Engineers are encouraged, and will be supported, to achieve the relevant accreditation. Preference will be given to candidates who are already professionally registered
What we are looking for in you:
You will have excellent communication skills both verbal and written with the ability to work in a team environment as well as independently when required. You will be highly motivated and show a logical approach to problem solving in your work.
Location: Portsmouth Broadoak /HMS Collingwood with Hybrid working available
Our employees receive an excellent benefits package which includes a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. We also offer a range of additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and many local and national employee discounts. Some employees may also be eligible for an annual incentive.
Please be aware that many roles working for us will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and/or your place of birth may limit those roles that you can perform for the organisation.