Supply Chain Specialist
Website Hudson Shribman
The Supply Chain Specialist, is part of a team focused on the management of engineered equipment and systems during the lifetime of projects. Supply Chain Specialist is focused on the subcontracting activities leading up to award which includes the management of the entire bid process, proposal analysis, the formation of the subcontract and all the activities associated with the post award administration of the subcontracts.
Scope and Complexity
The scope of the role for Supply Chain Specialist includes serving as the primary point of contact for the sourcing of Vendor Furnished Information and Equipment as required for the execution of one or more projects. The role requires the coordination of negotiations of standard subcontract business terms and conditions, ongoing administration of subcontract elements including subcontract milestones, deliverables, issues, action items and payments.
The role requires the ability to coordinate and administer medium to large packages with a medium complexity. This includes the ability to incorporate the specifications into request for proposal packages and to lead the bid evaluation, selection, coordinate negotiations and execute subcontracts.
The Supply Chain Specialist must also possess established procurement skills and abilities to effectively administer at least ten subcontracts following award, including the negotiation of change orders, minimizing exposure to claims and pro-actively mitigating risks.
Manage the bid process by:
üManaging the prequalification and selection of bidders.
üPrepare and issue Request for Proposal documents by preparing the commercial content and obtaining the technical content.
üSupervise and maintain the integrity of the bid process. Coordinate questions and answers and issue relevant addendums if required.
üConduct bid opening ceremonies and manage bid clarification meetings.
üCoordinate technical evaluations and conduct commercial evaluations, coordinate negotiations and manage recommendation for award.
üReview subcontract terms and conditions and consider and recommend special terms and conditions as required.
üResponsible to meet scheduled milestones from the RFP thru Award.
üPrepare and issue Recommendation to Proceed and seek approval.
• Prepare and issue the Subcontracts for execution.
• Issue letters of regret to unsuccessful suppliers.
Subcontract management and administration by:
üManage and control changes relating to cost and schedule.
üMonitor and report on supplier’s progress and conduct progress meetings.
üApprove milestone payments, ensuring that contract deliverables and payment milestones have been achieved and approved prior to payment.
üAdministration of supplier claims.
üDevelop, process and implement contractual documents and change orders in a timely manner.
üExpedite deliverables to ensure on time receipt of deliverables (Data and Equipment).
üAdministrate contracts in accordance with general requirements of contractual terms and conditions.
üMaintain various registers and as per project specific instructions.
üEnsure deliverables and inputs from all stakeholders.
üPerformance management of Suppliers.
üPerform Subcontract Close-out.
• Issue letters of regret to unsuccessful suppliers.
• Experience in a project environment on capital projects.
• Negotiation skills.
• Proven track record and considerable experience in the establishment, ongoing management and maintenance of multi-million-dollar subcontracts for products manufactured to specifications.
• Extensive administrative skill and experience in tracking subcontractor contract milestones, deliverables, issues, action items and payments.
• Strong customer service and diplomacy skills.
• Demonstrated ability to multi-task, prioritize work and to problem solve in an inclusive manner with internal colleagues and external parties
• Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills.
• Intermediate level computer skills including Microsoft Office suite (Word/Excel/PowerPoint).
• Ability to work effectively with limited direction and function as a key team member.
• Excellent understanding of procurement processes and corporate governance principles
• Ability to fit into a team environment and personal skills to compliment teamwork development.
• Knowledge and experience with materials management, expediting, quality surveillance and logistics
Education and Experience;
• A diploma or bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Business, Science, Finance or Law.
• A minimum of 8 years’ experience in capital projects including experience managing the procurement of large/strategic equipment in project environments, preferably in the shipbuilding industry.
• Professional certification or training through an accredited procurement society such as the Purchasing Management Association of Canada (PMAC) or New Supply Chain Management Professional (SCMP), The Logistics Institute (P. Log.), American Purchasing Society or The Association for Operations Management (APICS) CPIM program is desirable.
• Ship building experience is an asset.
If Interested in the role for Supply Chain Specialist, please contact Kenzie Choyce at Hudson Shribman to discuss further as well as sending an up to date CV to Kenzie.firstname.lastname@example.org