Systems Design Engineer
Website Hudson Shribman
Job title: Systems Design Engineer
Location: UK Sites across the South. We offer a range of hybrid and flexible working arrangements – please speak to your recruiter about the options for this particular role.
What you’ll be doing:
- Working closely with Customers to design, develop and assure the delivery of new technologies and integrated concept solutions
- Carrying out complex technical analysis and investigations, including evaluation and selection of technical options
- Supporting Product Design Certification activities including Product Safety & Environmental and Security Accreditation
- Supporting / Leading technical reviews, verification and approval of engineering technical documentation and design in accordance with business, legislative and customer requirements
- Working independently with appropriate reach back across a range of products and services
- Supporting the identification / delivery of business winning opportunities
- You’ll also have people manager responsibilities in this role.
Your skills and experiences:
- Degree in a STEM subject or equivalent qualification or experience, , Chartered Engineer, or relevant and equivalent qualification
- Experienced in complex Systems Engineering (understanding of the system of systems approach), supporting/leading and certifying the design of a product or system, presenting both technical and non-technical information in a formal setting and stakeholder management.
- Understanding of the interaction of equipment in a complex systems environment
- Knowledge of the UK Maritime Defence domain, Open Systems Interconnection (OSI) Model framework and Design and Safety Certification process along with a understanding of transverse engineering (Human Factors, Safety, Security, etc.)
- Experience in anyone one of these or similar technologies: Knowledge and experience of Network Protocols, Ethernet standards, Microsoft OS, Messaging protocols, Virtualisation with VMware ESXI/vSphere, Tanzu, VirtualBox, Hyper-V, Docker, VDI, Kubernetes, Scalable Cloud Platforms, or Data Centres.
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual incentive.
The Professional Services team:
The Professional Services team, based across our southern UK sites you will be joining a team who are shaping the future by delivering highly specialised services to a growing number of customers. These services include Complex Systems Design & Integration, Cyber Security, Data Analysis and Exploitation.
Working closely as part of an integrated team you will engage with key customers including Royal Navy, Missile Defence Centre, Strategic Command, DSTL and DE&S. As well as lead the development of new relationships with key Partners and Suppliers.