Systems Engineer – Complex Systems
Website Hudson Shribman
Your main responsibilities as a Systems Engineer will involve:
• Participating in the trials, testing and integration activities of electronic equipment and systems and their interaction with associated systems and accurately capturing findings
• Post trials analysis of data using suitable toolsets.
• Producing written assurance reports and/or technical notes that provides supporting evidence to the customer to allow informed decisions to be made in support of clearing the equipment to be deployed operationally.
• Working within engineering teams to ensure tasks are completed to the estimate and in a timely manner and the output meets Customer expectations
• Participating in meetings, reviews and workshops as required by the Customer and external stakeholders
• Communicating succinctly in verbal and written format tailored to the target audience
Your skills and qualifications:
• The Ability to solve complex problems (investigating root cause for faults).
• Configuration Management – understanding baselines and documenting.
• The ability to run through scripts and accurately capture and document results.
• Communicating effectively to different stakeholders at different levels.
• Working with complex systems with an understanding of the system of systems end to end testing.
• Understanding network protocols such as TCP/IP and UDP.
• Experience of Integration Testing (Bottom-up, Top-down or Sandwich)
• Leading and directing tasking or working as part of a wider team as the situation dictates.
• Network architecture in a traditional or virtual environment (working within, not designing)
• Virtualisation approaches and technologies (VMs, Virtual Memory, VDI, Virtual applications, etc.)
• Open Systems Interconnection (OSI) Model framework
• Experienced in stakeholder management.
• Degree, HND or HNC in a STEM related subject or equivalent experience.
• Chartered/Incorporated Engineer status or the willingness to work towards registration
What we are looking for in you:
You must be able to:
• Communicate adeptly and succinctly in verbal and written format.
• Innovate, and think out of the box’ in identifying root causes of failures and identifying possible solutions.
• Offer impartial technical advice to maximise the likelihood of success.
• Work under pressure, manage and prioritise workload to drive tasks to complete by an agreed end date.
Our employees receive an excellent benefits package which includes a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. We also offer a range of additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and many local and national employee discounts. Some employees may also be eligible for an annual incentive.
Please be aware that many roles working us will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and/or your place of birth may limit those roles that you can perform for the organisation.