Website Hudson Shribman
The Role and Role Specific Competencies
• To conduct defined electrical/electronic and tank test procedures and routines throughout the production process from component level, through PCB and chassis assembly stages to the final assembly of finished units.
• To identify and resolve fault diagnosis issues, where possible, by adjustment or repairs.
• To undertake basic assembly activities to assist testing processes and general requirements where requested by Manufacturing supervision/management.
• To highlight and drive the resolution of specification or design non-conformances through Test Department management channels or direct to Production Engineering.
• To raise the appropriate levels of non-conformance reports i.e. Observation Reports, Engineering Change requests etc in compliance with the Company Quality System requirements and Departmental guidelines.
• To ensure all activities are completed in accordance with current Quality standards and, wherever possible, within recommended times specified on the Company ERP system.
• To understand and follow all Manufacturing Department administrative procedures including supporting documentation i.e. test results, calibration certificates, etc
• To understand and use Company IT resources i.e. Intranet, ERP system, etc in support of day-today activities such as parts enquires, stock searches, etc
• To establish effective working relations with all departments, i.e. Production Engineering, Stores, Quality etc to ensure maximum co-operation for the timely resolution of test related issues.
• To provide assistance and support to the Manufacturing Manager, Cell Co-ordinators and other Test Engineers on an ad hoc basis to complete specific activities.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Proven track record of diagnostic fault finding down to component level
- Competent in the use of various testing tools, i.e.
- Scopes, DVM’s, Power Supplies, Timer Counter, etc
- Ability to read and interpret technical data, i.e. engineering drawings, circuit diagrams, assembly drawings, etc
- Competent user of Microsoft Office Outlook, Excel and Word
- HNC Electronics or equivalent qualification in an electronic discipline plus hands on experience